Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Lab Technician, Life Science hub
Time Commitment: Full-time position (35 hours/week)
We are currently looking for a dedicated, full-time lab technician for the Life Sciences Hub who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of activities. The lab technician should create a fluid communication channel between all the stakeholders of the lab including the community, startups, and staff as well as carry forward the execution of different tasks related to the lab.
The lab technician executes laboratory activities by performing a variety of specialized technical tasks according to established methodology. You will prepare materials and equipment, compile data, demonstrate techniques and maintain equipment properly for use.
The lab technician:
- Performs a variety of specialized technical tasks according to established methodology in fields such as chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, histology, toxicology, microbiology, immunology, and molecular biology.
- Receives and distributes biological and chemical materials.
- Organizes and stores all chemical substances, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Check daily equipment log books and records data. Maintains records and files.
- Demonstrates the operation of apparatus or techniques.
- Maintains equipment and performs minor repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean laboratory work environment, respecting the internal rules and external regulations
- Assist in ordering laboratory supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
- Uses a variety of equipment such as balances, pH meters, pipettors, laminar flow hoods, incubators, autoclaves, microscopes, spectrophotometers, centrifuges, electrophoresis apparatus, computers, and audio-visual equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing protocols and guidelines for the use of laboratory equipment and co-working areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in science (Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, etc.)
- Prior experience as a laboratory technician, or relevant position
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory health and safety guidelines
- Excellent organizational skills with diligent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Spoken English & French a must
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
About D3 Innovation Hub, Concordia
At the heart of a next-generation university, Concordia’s District 3 is a leading multidisciplinary innovation hub in Montreal open to all. District 3 brings together key players from corporations, government, research, and academia to ensure every innovator and entrepreneur has access to the resources they need to move from idea to impact with confidence. Since its inception in 2014, District 3 has coached over 500 startups, hosted over 400 events and workshops, as well as building a community of over 9000 members. In 2016-2017, the innovation hub was awarded Startup Canada’s Entrepreneur Promotion and Support Awards.
Life Science Hub
The Life Sciences Hub is a division of D3 Hub specialized in supporting innovators and entrepreneurs in life science disciplines. The hub provides technical and business support to a dynamic community of academic researchers, entrepreneurs, and industrial partners in the life science sectors.