Time Commitment: Full-time (35 hours per week)
As Grant Administrator at District 3 Innovation Hub you will work with leadership from various organisations within the D3 Innovation Hub portfolio. You will manage the grant cycle from beginning to end, maintaining effective communication with funders and stakeholders throughout. You will source and develop compelling proposal concepts as well as administer and monitor successful grants. As our in-house grant expert you will also coach entrepreneurs in grant writing and development. You will have the opportunity to actively shape the way District 3 manages grants and connect with a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Develop a pipeline of current and prospective funders that include government and corporate grant opportunities.
- Work closely with staff members to source new proposal concepts from staff, synthesise program activities, data, and financials for proposals and mid-term and final reports.
- Ensure compliance with fund guidelines.
- Act as facilitator and point of contact between the organisations and funders.
- Develop key organisational grant materials, like a case for support and logic model, to ensure consistent messaging across organisation, staff and other stakeholders.
- Work with the team to develop internal processes, including processes for grant research, collaboration, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain effective and clear documentation and archive systems
- Advise entrepreneurs in grant writing and development when needed.
- Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
- 4+ years of successful grant writing with demonstrated success obtaining government and corporate funding in the areas of business, entrepreneurship or education.
- Previous experience with CRMs, databases and project management tools.
- Interest or experience in entrepreneurship or start-up culture.
- Familiarity with contract language and composing administrative documents
- An ability to work independently and as an effective team member; strong time management to effectively prioritise and handle a large volume of work with multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in French and English.