Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Position Offered: Full time
About District 3 Innovation Hub
A constellation of innovation-driven entities and people, working together to accelerate innovation for global impact. D3 Hub units support different audiences in their exploration and acceleration of innovation and entrepreneurship. With complimentary programs and networks, we help change makers translate ideas to impact.
About V1 Studio
V1 Studio is a non-profit organization with the mission to give researchers in Canada a touchpoint with entrepreneurship. We are a human-centric support haven for every researcher who wants to explore the impact of their research beyond academia. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing and Communications Lead will play a key role in the organization supporting outreach efforts across all V1 programs, marketing events, and coordinating the V1 Studio website and social media.
As Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple marketing outreach campaigns alongside our Graphic Designer and Program Managers. You will work under the guidance of the Marketing & Partnership Manager to build D3 Innovation Hub and V1 Studio’s outreach campaigns from A to Z. This job is a mix of writing, data analysis, marketing outreach and coordination among fellow team members running V1 Studio programs. The role requires knowledge of database management, the ability to prioritize and manage deadlines, and to interface with multiple ongoing simultaneous marketing campaigns towards overlapping audience segments.
About the role:
- Market service offerings and program recruitments by developing and executing marketing campaigns
- Maintain, post, and engage on social media, primarily LinkedIn
- Update web pages for across all programs in English and in French
- Track data, improve data collection strategies, synthesize marketing data and prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Execute outreach campaigns for newsletters, B2B email outreach and B2C email & LinkedIn outreach for program recruitment
- Research new contact information, update database existing data, and maintain contact information in databases
- Research competitive programs by identifying and evaluating program characteristics, market share, and identify gaps in existing ecosystem programming
- Support in event management, in-person and online
In many ways, we are a “start-up”, and each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. As such, our programming is seasonal, meaning there are periods of rush which can be intense. It is in our culture to pitch in and assist the team depending on the individual program needs and goals of the organization as they change throughout the year. We’re a small team that values collaboration and communication. We pride ourselves on our ability to remain agile and adapt fast in the face of ambiguity and hold ourselves to the highest standards of work. We also prioritize a lighthearted and amicable work environment, where you can thrive as an individual while contributing to the team’s success.
- You enjoy all aspects of designing, executing, tracking successful marketing campaigns, and telling stories;
- You have excellent communication and writing skills in English and French (a must);
- You are a strong communicator with people and have developed interpersonal skills;
- You have strong organizational skills, including establishing priorities, setting and managing schedules, planning, coordinating and organizing multiple projects simultaneously;
- You are agile and to work in a fast-evolving environment;
- You are a team player with a positive attitude;
- You have a strong attention for details, written and visual;
- You have 1 – 3 years of experience in marketing and/or communications;
- You have an interest or passion for innovation and helping others succeed in building impactful technologies and companies;
- You have an interest in learning to work with tools such as Zoom, Airtable, Microsoft Teams, Miro, Google Suite, etc;
- Knowledge of entrepreneurship, startups and innovation, is an asset;
- Experience with marketing campaigns for startups is an asset;
- Experience managing CRM databases is an asset;
- Knowledge of online marketing tools: LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Evaboot, Sprout Social, Mailchimp is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of design tools: Canva, Miro is an asset.
We’re looking for someone passionate about working in a collaborative environment and who excels in achieving high-quality results.
D3 Innovation Hub and V1 Studio are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, age, qualified handicap, or disabled status.
Due to the volume of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted
Job Start date: September 1, 2023
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org