Operational and Administrative Coordinator
Time Commitment: Part-time (up to 20 hours/week)
The coordinator will manage the operational and administrative aspects of the MentorConnect program. Responsible for the smooth operations and engagement level of the participants at the MentorConnect program, this role is to work closely with the program leadership, as well as other employees to manage dynamic and fast-paced operations within a Montreal-wide program of startup mentoring. This position is central to the success of the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective office organization for program administrative tasks
- Triage inquiries, be the center of information, and facilitate verbal and email communication between mentors, mentees, and program leadership
- Manage and maintain the online platform used to manage mentoring sessions
- Schedule mentoring sessions, book rooms, book zoom links, greet mentors, and ensure sessions run smoothly
- Provide regular dashboard view of activities and status
- Manage the database and CRM to target prospects
- Coordinate activities with marketing and IT support
- Manage the application process
- Prepare agendas, take notes, and distribute meeting minutes and presentations
- Assist in training & activities of mentors and mentees
- Order food for meetings and events, set up and clean up of meetings
- Manage the Mentor Connect Google Drive
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment, context of high end professional and or senior executive animation
- Strong executor, capable of managing multiple priorities within deadlines
- Team player and maintains positive working relationships
- Proactive and good at administration and problem solving
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities and diligent attention to detail
- Experience using a CRM, Excel, and Google Workspace
- Has the professional polish and poise to communicate at a level appropriate to the target audience (mentors, mentees, peers and senior management)
- Independent and collaborative in nature
- Discretion, diplomacy, and superb judgment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written French and English
- At least 3 years experience working as an administrator, coordinator, event planner, or similar positions.
- CEGEP or similar diploma is a must; undergraduate is a plus
- Fluent in English and French
About Mentor Connect, Concordia
MentorConnect helps entrepreneurs to become successful business leaders of established companies through its mentorship program. Based on a program developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Venture Mentoring Service, MentorConnect provides a team of 3 mentors to entrepreneurs who are in the scaling stage of their venture. Mentors create a safe, collaborative space in which mentees can thrive.
The MentorConnect program is hosted by Concordia’s D3 Innovation Hub and is also supported by National Bank of Canada.